Scaffold Builders Challenge winners announced
24 January 2024
In celebration of World of Concrete’s 50th anniversary this year, the Scaffold & Access Industry Association (SAIA) brought back its popular Scaffold Builders Challenge for the first time in almost eight years – and Trekker Group took home the top prize.
Sponsored by AT-PAC, the Scaffold Builders Challenge saw eight teams from around the country compete against each other in a timed event to build and dismantle a scaffold structure.
Each team was appointed a dedicated judge who was responsible for noting erection and dismantling times, but who also had to keep their eyes out for penalties, which included:
- Missing toeboard(s)
- Poor scaffold base leveling
- Standing/walking on a scaffold components such as a runner or bearer
- Scaffold not being erected according to design
- The team not being well-managed by its dedicated coach
- Connections not secure
- Missing a horizontal component
- Missing bracing
- Diagonal member not installed according to the drawing
- Throwing components and tools
- Dropping tools and scaffold components
- Improper harness attachment/fatal fall exposure (disqualification of the participation)
- Dismantled scaffold components improperly handled and stored
- Equipment not properly crated for shipment
This year’s teams included:
- Brewer Equipment Co.
- Heat Tech Industrial
- KC Scaffold
- Leading Edge Scaffold
- Scaffold Solutions
- Skyline Scaffold
- Superior Scaffold Services
- Trekker Group
Trekker Group took home the first-place trophy, along with new hard hats and fall protection. Leading Edge came in second and Superior Scaffolding third.
“The turnout was more than we expected,” the SAIA said. “We can’t wait to host this event again next year.”
For more information, photos and a full recap of World of Concrete, see the March/April issue of SA Magazine.
The gold standard in market research
Off-Highway Research offers a library of more than 200 regularly updated reports, providing forensic detail on key aspects of the construction equipment industry.
Our detailed insights and expert analyses are used by over 500 of the world’s largest and most successful suppliers, manufacturers and distributers, to inform their strategic plans and deliver profitable growth.