OSHA seeking submissions for heat-awareness campaign
By Lindsey Anderson25 April 2023
The Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) is seeking submissions for its “Beat the Heat Contest” which aims to raise awareness about the hazards of heat exposure in indoor and outdoor workplaces and identify how businesses across the nation control these hazards. For those interested in participating, OSHA is looking for original awareness tools (e.g. infographic, poster, training curriculum, webpage, logo etc.) to increase heat hazard recognition among employers and workers. The contest is open now, nationwide, and has a deadline of June 9.
Contest entries must:
- Promote and protect worker safety and health
- Inform workers and employers about the hazardsof heat in the workplace
- Be original creations and not copied directly from OSHA.gov or any other source, and under thesubmitter’s ownership and control
- Be in an easily accessible format, e.g., webpage, URL, JPEG, PDF, MP3, PNG, etc.
- Acknowledge contest rules and provide contact information
- Be available for free public access
- Design and use a heat awareness logo
- Develop a training curriculum
- Create an information booklet, brochure, or poster
- Create a webpage
- Create an infographic
- Produce a radio or television public service announcement (PSA)
- Propose a social media toolkit
- Sponsor a heat illness prevention event
- Build a phone app
- Make an informational video
- Craft and use a catchphrase for the workplace
- Generate a podcast
To enter and learn more about the heat contest rules including eligibility, judging and more, visit the contest webpage at www.osha.gov/heat/national-heat-contest.
The gold standard in market research
Off-Highway Research offers a library of more than 200 regularly updated reports, providing forensic detail on key aspects of the construction equipment industry.
Our detailed insights and expert analyses are used by over 500 of the world’s largest and most successful suppliers, manufacturers and distributers, to inform their strategic plans and deliver profitable growth.