ASC A11 Committee seeks standards volunteers
By Lindsey Anderson24 March 2022
The ASC A11 Committee, which develops American National Standards for Design, Manufacturing and Performance Testing related to Scaffolding, Shoring and Forming Products and Related Components and Accessories, is looking for volunteers to assist with writing standards.
Specifically, the ASC A11 Committee, which the Scaffold & Access Industry Association (SAIA) serves as Secretariat, needs volunteers to assist with C-2 Users. This category would be suitable for those who are predominantly interested in the use of the product, materials or services. This category usually includes consumers, customers of product producers, distributors, retailers, etc. and may include regulatory agencies, safety associations, certification agencies and similar organizations.
The Committee also needs help with standards writing within the C-3 General Interest category. Volunteers not associated with production, distribution or direct use of products, materials or services are needed. This category typically includes professional and lay people employed by academic and scientific institutions, experts, government agencies, insurance companies, utilities, etc. Regulatory agencies, safety associations, certification agencies and similar organizations may belong in this category as opposed to the user category, as well.
The ASC A11 manages and maintains the following standards:
- (SC100) Standards for Testing and Rating Scaffold Assemblies and Components
- (SH300) Standards for Testing & Rating Shoring Equipment
- (SPS1.1) Standard Requirements and Test Methods for Testing and Rating Portable Rigging Devices for Suspended Scaffold
- (SPS2.1 & SPS3.1) Standard Requirements for Testing and Rating Multiple Point Suspended Scaffold Platforms
- (F400) Standards for Testing and Rating Vertical Concrete Formwork, Ties, and Accessories
- (P500) Standards for Testing and Rating Manufactured Scaffold Planks and Decks
For more information or to volunteer please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The gold standard in market research
Off-Highway Research offers a library of more than 200 regularly updated reports, providing forensic detail on key aspects of the construction equipment industry.
Our detailed insights and expert analyses are used by over 500 of the world’s largest and most successful suppliers, manufacturers and distributers, to inform their strategic plans and deliver profitable growth.